When used correctly, natural gas is surely safe and convenient to use. But unfortunately, gas leaks can occur and they are always a big concern. Gas is a poisonous fume and when it is breathed by people and animals, it might result in serious health issues. Moreover, these leaks are hazardous because they can cause fires and explosions. In certain circumstances, the gas can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning in both people and animals. Beyond this, it’s also highly combustible, so it should only be handled by specialists such as those at James Armstrong Plumbing – a time-proven gas leak detection service in Mesquite, TX.
Main Signs You Need Gas Leak Detection Plumbing Services
Gas lines, regardless of whether they are subterranean or aboveground, can deteriorate and corrode with time. Professional plumbing maintenance should be scheduled yearly to detect gas and plumbing leaks before they happen, but you should always be on the lookout for these signs, noises, and scents:
- Hissing sounds: In fact, a hissing noise generally indicates that you have a large leak. If you hear a hissing sound near your A/C, it’s possible that a leaking refrigerant line, valve, or compressor is to blame. But if you hear the noise near your gas line, it’s definitely a cause for concern. Call for professional assistance to repair gas leak if you hear a hissing noise coming from your appliances.
- Small Bubbles: One simple method to determine if you have a gas leak is to use the bubble test. This also applies to anything that contains pressurized gas, such as tires, inner tubes, and propane tanks. Place a small amount of dish soap into a large container of water. Make sure the gas is turned on. Wipe down the suspected area with a cloth or sponge. If you notice bubbles, it’s an indication that there’s a leak!
- Higher than normal bills: If you’ve noticed that your energy bills have been higher than normal, it’s possible that you have a gas leak. This is because leaks can cause your appliances to work harder than they should, resulting in higher energy consumption.
- Rotten egg smell: Natural gas and propane have a distinct smell. Utility companies add the chemical mercaptan to the colorless and odorless gasses for safety reasons, giving them an unpleasant stench that is difficult to miss. Most people report a rotten egg smell, sewage, or sulfur as the most noticeable aroma.
If you are surfing the net trying to find the answer to the question of “where do I find gas leak detection companies near me?”, congratulations, as you’ve just found it! James Armstrong Plumbing is the answer to your question!
Gas Leak Detector for Home or How to Prevent Gas Leaks?
Even though gas line leaks sound frightening, there are simple methods to avoid them.
- Deal with professional gas leak detection services in Mesquite, TX to install gas appliances: Make sure you buy your gas appliances from reliable and reputable sources. Also, have them installed by a professional who knows what they’re doing. This way, you can avoid any potential issues down the line.
- Check for leaks regularly: It’s important to check all your gas lines for leaks on a regular basis. You can do this yourself by using a simple soap and water mixture. Simply apply the mixture to all your gas lines and then turn on your gas. If there are any leaks, you’ll see bubbles forming.
- Don’t ignore strange smells: If you notice any strange smells near your gas appliances or lines, it’s important to take action immediately and call for professional help.
- Avoid moving or jostling gas equipment: Whenever you’re moving around gas equipment, be careful not to jostle or bump it. This can cause serious damage and lead to gas leaks.
- Make sure fittings are secure and sealed with sealant paste: This will help to prevent any potential leaks.
- Have your pipes inspected by a licensed gas leak detection plumber once a year: Even if you think your pipes are in good condition, it’s always a good idea to have them inspected by a licensed plumber once a year. This way, you can catch any potential problems before they become serious.
The gasses that are used in homes are hazardous, therefore it’s critical to obtain assistance from specialists that understand how to safely and effectively maintain and repair your gas lines.
The question “where do I find a gas leak detector near me?” is of utmost concern for many citizens in your region. Our company is one of the most trusted and reliable services for gas leak detection and repair. We utilize the latest techniques and equipment to find any leaks in your home’s gas lines, and we have a long history of providing quality services to our customers. If you’re concerned about the safety of your home or family and looking for a reputable gas leak detector for your home, look no further than us!
Get professional gas leak detection services from James Armstrong Plumbing for fast help in Mesquite, TX, call us here at (214) 918-6109!
GAS LEAK DETECTION FAQs
How do companies detect gas leaks?
Gas companies use a variety of methods to detect gas leaks. One common method is to use a device known as a “leak detector.” This is a handheld device that senses the presence of gas. Another common method is to use a so-called “sniffer” truck. This is a truck that has a special sensor that can detect the presence of gas in the air.
What happens when you have a gas leak at home?
Exposure to a gas leak in your house or apartment might induce life-threatening symptoms including sickness, tiredness, nausea, suffocation, and pain.
What should I do if I smell gas?
If you smell gas, it’s important to leave the area immediately and call a professional gas leak detection company in Mesquite, TX. Do not attempt to find the source of the leak yourself, as this could be dangerous.