Are you a Mesquite, TX homeowner who needs to repair your tankless water heater? DIY tankless water heater repair can be an intimidating task, especially if you’ve never done it before. But understanding the basics of repairing a tankless water heater is essential to keep your unit running efficiently and safely. This guide provides an overview of what homeowners need to know about DIY tankless water heater repair in Mesquite, TX. Read on to discover more!
Types of Tankless Water Heaters:
There are two main types of tankless water heaters – electric and gas-powered models. Electric models are typically easier for DIY repairs since they don’t require venting or additional piping like gas models. However, electric tankless water heaters are more expensive to purchase and operate than gas-powered models.
Common Tankless Water Heater Problems:
Tankless water heater problems can range from minor issues like a faulty thermostat or sediment buildup to serious problems such as leaking pipes or frozen components. Knowing the common signs of a malfunctioning unit can help you determine whether attempting DIY repairs is worth the cost and effort. Some of the most common problems with the tankless water heater in Garland, TX include:
- Lack of hot water – This is usually caused by a malfunctioning thermostat or low pressure in your home’s plumbing system.
- Leaking pipes – Check for visible leaks around the unit, as well as any signs of water damage in the area.
- Overheating – This can occur if the unit is not properly ventilated or has become clogged with sediment.
- Low-quality water pressure – Check your home’s pipes and filter to determine whether these are causing low water pressure.
- Frozen components – This is usually caused by insufficient insulation or poor ventilation.
DIY Tankless Water Heater Repair Tips:
If you decide to attempt to repair your tankless water heater yourself, there are a few tips that can help make the process go more smoothly. First, be sure to read up on any local regulations or codes that may apply before starting repairs. It’s also important to always use genuine replacement parts and follow all safety precautions when working with electricity and gas-powered models. Lastly, keep detailed records of all work done in case you need to reference it later on.
If you’re not sure whether attempting DIY repairs is the right decision for your tankless water heater in Rockwall or Mesquite, TX, contact James Armstrong Plumbing. Our experienced technicians can provide repair and maintenance services to keep your unit running safely and efficiently. We also offer a full range of plumbing services that include drain cleaning and leak detection. Give us a call today at 214-918-6109 to learn more!