When was the last time you checked your sump pump? As expert’s in groundwater management, we understand the importance of keeping your sump pump running smoothly. When a rainy season hits and you already have flooding to contend with, having reliable pumps is key. That’s why we’ve put together this blog post sharing 5 essential tips for proper sump pump maintenance that every Mesquite, TX homeowner should know! With these helpful tips, you can be sure your system is working properly so you can rest easy knowing your basement won’t experience any unpleasant surprises during a storm.
- Check the power source: Make sure your sump pump is connected to a reliable power source. If you’re using an extension cord, make sure it isn’t frayed or damaged in any way.
- Clear debris from vents and outlets: Your sump pump should be free of debris that can clog and disrupt water flow. Make sure to regularly clear any leaves, dirt, or other debris from vents and outlets.
- Test your pump regularly: The best way to ensure your sump pump is working properly is to test it regularly. Fill the pit with water, and make sure the pump activates and pumps out the water in an efficient manner.
- Clean the sump pump: Debris can build up easily in and around the sump pump, so make it a regular part of your maintenance routine to clean it.
- Replace worn parts: If any components are looking worn or damaged, it may be time to replace them. Make sure you follow manufacturer instructions when doing this, as improper installation can lead to more damage down the line.
Maintaining your sump pump is essential to proper groundwater management and keeping your basement dry. With these 5 tips, you’ll be able to keep your sump pump in top condition for years to come! If you have any questions or need help with maintenance, contact James Armstrong Plumbing today – we’re one of the best repiping specialists in Rockwall, TX, and are always here to help!